Sunday, May 15, 2011

Man, Time flies!

I look back at the past school year, and I remember just saying, "oh I have plenty of time before I leave for France," OR when I needed to get something done for my study abroad/trip, I would always say, "Oh I am not leaving for another [insert number] months." Well, time is up....I am leaving in only a matter of days.


So here I am, sitting at home and I am looking at my overflowing suitcase. Those of you that know me, know that I am a terrible packer--ABSOLUTELY horrible at it. But here I am...just staring at the explosion of clothes and all things I deem necessary to bring.


I leave for France this week and I am nothing but a bundle of nerves. What am I to expect? How am I suppose to live in another country for over two months? Sure, I am SUPER excited---I mean come on, a summer in France? AWESOME...but it will definitely put me out of my comfort zone. Thankfully, my mom--who is a native Parisian--will help me make my way through France and help me settle in for the first week or so; I am very fortunate for this because I can not even imagine what would happen if I didn't have help. The funny thing is, my mother told me the second we step on the plane, she refuses to speak anything but French to me....oh boy, this shall definitely be a challenge.


I guess I am in for an interesting summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment